What's up at pr.co
Monthly newsletter - February 2016
This is our bi-weekly company update with team news, announcements, product updates and we'd like to share some articles that we've found inspiring.
- We're writing a book! We believe old-school PR gives the whole PR industry a bad name, where done correctly PR can be very powerful! This book outlines our approach to creating good PR. Read the introduction here!
- We’re launching our Pr.co Academy soon. This will be a collection of resources for the PR professional, like courses about PR, best practices and pr.co product tutorials. Stay tuned.
- We've added 2 new team members this month. A warm welcome to Sjors who's our new digital-statistical-marketeer-slash-growth-kanye and Ysabel who will be our in-house writer-content-slash-marketing-crafter extraordinaire intern!
We’ve been updating a whole lot of things based on the feedback we got from our users after the Campaigns launch, next to some bugs they also suggested a lot of good updates which we implemented in the last two weeks:
- Copy and Paste has been updated to support copied text from Word and other sources.
- You can now merge two separate text blocks by using the backspace key.
- We updated the Launch checklist to better check if your campaign is ready.
Send your next campaign to see the difference.
Found more bugs? Please tell us!! It really helps to hear your feedback and we generally fix them within a few days!
What we’ve been reading
- Paul Graham: Life is short. Does it make any difference to know that? Yes, you start to reduce the bullshit. Relentlessly prune it, don't wait to do things that matter, and savor the time you have. That's what you do when life is short. Question of the week: what things that matter should you focus on in your communication?
- Mark Manson: Stop trying to be happy. If you have to try to be happy, then you'll never be happy. Happiness is not achieved in itself, but rather it is the side effect of a particular set of ongoing life experiences.
- Olivier Emberton: The problem is that you don't understand the rules. Unless you’re winning, most of life will seem hideously unfair to you. The truth is, life is just playing by different rules. The real rules are there and they actually make sense. But they’re a bit more complicated, and a lot less comfortable, which is why most people never manage to learn them.
And to close it off...
A little bonus infographic. Are you happy? Sometimes changing things up a little can make all the difference.
(Infographic courtesy of Mark Manson)
Download PDFDownload PDF
PR.co is a collaborative tool for PR professionals and communications teams to get meaningful exposure for your company. We streamline your planning, writing and media outreach workflows so you can focus on what you do best: crafting your story.